Recently, I decided that I needed to focus on posting more business blogging. The problem was that, while I’m not a bad writer, I have trouble thinking about things to write about. So my wife did a little research on the subject to help me along. The first link she gave me was to a LinkedIn post by Daren Rowse called 56 Ideas For Blog Posts for Your Business.
Daren’s piece is pretty informative. There’s a lot of content there and personally, I got a lot of ideas from it for my own blog. (Did I mention I have trouble getting started myself?) But reading Daren’s piece started me thinking about the subject and where else you can get ideas from. So I decided to create my own list. Mind you, there are in no particular order.
- 100 Blog Topics for Your Business by Chris Brogan
- Need Ideas for Your Business Blog? Here Are 50 from Carole Tice at Entrepreneur
- 6 Ideas for Epic Business Blog Posts from Eric Siu, CEO of Single Grain and Founder of Growth Everywhere
- 41 Fresh Blog Post Ideas For Your Company Blog by Janet Aronica excerpted from her book 100 Content Ideas for Community Managers
- 10 Ideas to Inspire Your Next Blog Post by Liz Jostes on Social Media Examiner
- 8 Original Content Ideas for Your Business Blog by Louise Dickens on Shareaholic
- 100 Practical Ideas for Small-Business Blog Posts by Phil Rozek on localvisibilitysystem.com
- 88 Content Creation Ideas for Better Business Blog Posts, Images, or Videos by Miranda Miller on Search Engine Watch
- 56 Ideas For Blog Posts for Your Business by Daren Rowse
If you’re counting, that’s only 9 sources. That’s because the 10th source isn’t really a source. It’s a link to an article called 11 Free Tools to Generate Ideas for Your Blog by Lisa Toner (who’s Head of Relationship Marketing at Hubspot) about tools that you can use to generate blog posting ideas.
So, now that I’ve shared my list of blogging ideas, I guess it’s time to get busy and write some blog posts. And if you have any additional ideas or resources, don’t forget to let the rest of us know. We’re all ears.